1. In March, 1996 S.S.C.E. papers were leaked on mass scale. The then Forum President. Bhagvanji Raiyani and ten others filed a writ petition.
2. In a Forum's PIL No.6070 of '96 the Hon'ble Court ordered India Cultural League College, Vashi, Navi Mumbai to refund Rs.2945450 in aggregate to the students which was taken as donations against admissions.
3. In a PIL No 876 of '96 some institutions had challenged University's Scheme of Centralised admissions. Forum intervened in favour of the Mumbai University.
4. Chief Minister's permission to commence Rizvi Engineering College was stayed against Forum's PIL No.341 of '97 for two years till proper facilities were created.
5. PIL No.475 of '97 filed against seven city colleges for malpractices in Standard XI admissions.
6. Forum filed a PIL in 1997 to quash the interviews against the impugned advertisement by the Bombay University for the appointment of the Registrar ignoring the claim of the most eligible and perfectly qualified and seniormost serving Dy.Registrar for the promotion.
7. A PIL of 1998 was filed against Central Organisation For Modernisation Of Workshops (COFMOW) against its rupees 10 crores purchase order of substandard CNC (computer numerical) Trainer Lathes and Mills for installations at the workshops of various polytechnics across the country. This was a world Bank aided project. In March 1996 the global tenders were issued for buying these machines which can work upto 50 degree celsius temperature. The bids were received from foreign and Indian companies. However in Nov. '96 the above bids were cancelled and fresh bids were invited with lower requirement of temperature bearing capacity of the machines upto maximum 40 degree celsius. The contract was given to one DENFORD Ltd., a U.K. based company which required payment in foreign exchange. Forum objected to this contract and wrote to stop the transaction stating that the machines in most polytechnics would be useless as the highest temperatures crossed 45 degree celsius. Not finding a favourable response Forum filed the PIL No. 583 of 1998 in the Bombay
8. The Forum withdrew the said PIL No.583 of '98 from the Bombay High Court and filed one bearing No.2353 of 1998 in the Delhi High Court.
9. On Forum's PIL No.1035 of '98 court made 75% attendance in schools and colleges compulsory and banned school and college teachers from teaching in coaching classes.
10. The order in the said PIL No.1035 of '98 not fully implemented, hence Forum filed one more PIL No. 2871 of '99. Court appointed University committee report submitted.
11. A further petition no.902 of '98 against the malpractices in Junior College admissions.
12. Forum filed a PIL No.3495 of 1998 in the Bombay High Court against the state government violating its own rule for the recruitment of teachers qualified only in the NET (National Eligibility Test) and SET (State Eligibility Test). Even though NET-SET candidates were available, non NET-SET teachers were recruited in degree colleges.
13. A petition no.1139 of '98 was filed by Forum for the state to monitor the establishment and running of Engineering and Medical Colleges strictly as per norms nececitating with proper infrastructure and qualified staff.
14. Against the four-time postponement of the implementation of pre-school admission Act and then scrapping it altogether by the Government, the Forum filed a PIL No.2752 of '99 for granting admissions on preference in Schools to students staying in the vicinity, neighbourhood, without donations & deposits and reservation of 50% seats to minority institutions all based on a Supreme Court judgement.
15. Forum in PIL No.2298 of '99 prayed for making Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) compulsory in all schools of Maharashtra and give PTA the right of management in selected areas.
16. The Government and most schools ignored the said order in PIL 2298 and Forum again had to go to the court and filed a PIL No. 2870 of '99.
17 & 18. Forum flied a PIL No.614 of '99 against New Era School. Pedder Road and St.Mary's School, Malad for illegal collection of capitation fees. Another writ being no.1679 of '99 was filed against St.Infant Jesus School for the same reasons.
19. Forum located 140 illegal schools in Mumbai and Thane. PIL No.2088 of '99 was filed.
20. Unauthorised permission of two engineering colleges in Mumbai was challenged by Forum through PIL No.112 of '2000.
21. Action of three management colleges to admit additional 30 students as late as January, 2000 was challenged by Forum in PIL No.113 of 2000.
22. A PIL No.2666 of '2000 filed against the rampant corruption and capitation fees in NRI quota in the Medical and Engineering admissions.
23. Forum filed a PIL No.1328 of '2000 for removing Shri Augustine Pinto as Sheriff and taking action against him and his trusts for educational malpractices.
24. Forum has filed a PIL No.1245 of '2000 against five Mumhai Schools for taking donations against admissions and other non-prescribed fees.
25. A PIL No.2108 of '2000 was filed by Forum for improving facilities in Municipal Schools.
26. A PIL No.2168 of '2000 filed against the maladministration and corruption in the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (India).
27. A PIL No.57 of '2001 was filed against Borivli Education Society for rampant mal-practices in finance, academics and administration and for transfer of management.
28. A PIL No.58 of '2001 was filed to limit the students strength in class rooms for improving the quality of education.
29. A PIL No.550 of '2001 was filed for quashing the improper Maharashtra Right to Inforniation Act, 2000 and for innovating Union Govt. 's the Freedom of Information Bill, 1997.
30. A PIL No.551 of '2001 was filed for compliance by schools to conduct extra classes for weak students as required U.S. 40 of Secondary School Code.
31. Not satisfied, Forum filed an appeal in the Supreme Court being C.C.No.6952 of 2001.
32. Forum filed a PIL No. 168 of 2001 in the Supreme Court for directing the Bombay High Court to take up the Public Interest Litigations (PILs) for hearing on priority basis.
33. PIL No.89 of 2001 filed in August 2001 against State, Mumbai University, UGC, BUCTU and NKT Commerce College, Thane for permitting 170 students per class in NKT College against the UGC rule of 80 students.
Forum filed one more PIL No.405 of 2001 directly in the Supreme Court to stop the introduction of the subjects of the Astrology and Karmakand in the Universities.
Inspite of the court order for the actions against New Era, St.Mary's and St. Jesus School in PIL 614 of '99 and 1679 of '99 the Maharashtra Government didn't initiate any actions. Forum's appeals in person and in writing for actions fell on deat ears. In an unprecedented move Forum, in April 2001 filed a contempt petition no.43 of 2001 against three officers of the Dept. of School Education in Munibai viz Mr.Desale. Dy.Director of Education. Mr.Chavan. Education Officer, North Zone and MS Basanti Roy Education Inspector South Zone for the failure in implementing the court order.
34. A Review Petition No.4 of 2002 in PIL No.89 as above was filed by Forum.
Against malpractices in admission in Junior Colleges by Minority management institutions.
One more PIL filed on the irregularities in Junior College admissions.